Apella – Election and Promotion of Faculty members
Terms and Conditions of Participation in the Electronic Service
1. The electronic service “Apella”, with respect to the election and promotion of Faculty members, is provided by the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, and technically supported by the Greek Research and Technology Network (henceforth GRNET S.A.). The object of the service is the complete management of the procedures of Faculty members’ election and promotion, as well as the compilation and maintenance of internal and external Faculty member registries, as required by Act 4009/2011.
2. The participation of any candidate/active Faculty member in the “Apella” and the submission of candidacy on his behalf for the occupation of a position of election/promotion, implies automatic approval of the present terms of participation, which result from the current regulatory framework.
3. Besides the candidate for the election/promotion position, the Institution’s Administrator (selected by decision of the Rector/President of Technological Educational Institution and member of the administrative staff of the Higher Educational Institution), as well as all first rank Professors and Associate Professors of the Higher Educational Institutions are considered to be participants in the electronic service “Apella”. Participation is also allowed to first rank professors and associate professors of equivalent foreign Higher Institutions, as well as researchers of the same rank, of either domestic or foreign research institutions, who wish to be selected as external members of the registries of domestic Higher Educational Institutions.
4. The electronic service "Apella" implements procedures of Higher Educational Institutions, which are solely responsible for the functions performed by the application and in particular for all the stages that comprise the Faculty members’ election and promotion procedure. GRNET S.A., in the context of this procedure, performs technical support debts, satisfying the requests received by the Institution’s Administrator as well as by the legal representatives of Higher Educational Institutions, without bearing any responsibility for their content. The Ministry of Education supervises the entire procedure through access available (user account) in the electronic service "Apella".
5. All “Apella” participants explicitly accept that the information provided by them in the electronic service is correct, true and valid and that every affirmation they make in the information system functions as a Solemn Affirmation, as defined by Act 1599/1986 and with the consequences determined thereby. In particular, the “Apella” participant elected as the most appropriate candidate for an election/promotion position, whenever asked, ought to provide all the original required documents, in printed form, for the examination of legality, according to the current regulatory framework.
6. With his/her participation in the central information system and his/her acceptance of the specific terms, the user of the service solemnly affirms that he/she consents to the use and processing of his/her personal information with respect to the occupation of an announced election/promotion position. The user’s information is collected and appropriately processed for the purposes of the service, for communication with the user and for his updating with respect to matters relevant to the specific service. The collection and processing of the personal information submitted by the user, along with his explicit affirmation during the creation or updating of his personal account in “Apella”, are subject to the present terms and particularly to the rules of the national, European and international legislation, and especially in accordance with the provisions of the law 2472/1997 regarding protection of the person from the processing of his personal data, as in force at a given time. The user also explicitly affirms that according to the aforementioned framework, these data can be communicated to the relevant institutions of Higher Education. GRNET S.A. maintains confidentiality of the personal data submitted by the participant in the service and processes them, on behalf of the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, without, however, communicating them to third parties, except as provided for by the present. GRNET S.A. takes the appropriate organising and technical measures to ensure security of the data and protection from accidental or fraudulent destruction, accidental loss, distortion, prohibited sharing or access, as well as any kind of illicit processing; however it does in no way guarantee that this may not occur, and is in no way responsible in case it does. Moreover, GRNET S.A., has according to the law notified the Data Protection Authority about the processing of simple personal data submitted by each category of users of the service, with their consent.
Under no circumstances is GRNET S.A. to be considered answerable or/and responsible for the loss of data and contents forwarded via the service, as well as for any relevant damage. Moreover, GRNET S.A. does not guarantee or bear any responsibility for the accuracy of data and contents that can be accessed through the service.
Each participant has the right to be informed or receive notifications regarding maintenance of his personal data. Should the user of the service require any information regarding his personal data and their use or should he wish to have them corrected/updated, he may contact the Helpdesk.
7. GRNET S.A. takes all necessary measures so as to ensure maximum availability of the service; however, it does in no case guarantee availability or is in no case answerable or/and responsible for direct or indirect damage owed to loss of the service for any period of time.
8. Users are prohibited from using the electronic service “Apella” in order to forward data that entail or imply:
- false identification of user/member or misleading statement regarding user’s/member’s relation or/and collaboration with another natural or legal person.
- forgery or distortion of users’/members’ identification information, aiming at misleading with respect to the origin of the content communicated via the electronic service “Apella”.
- advertising messages or any kind of product or service or third party websites’ promotion, unwanted messaging or not required for by the receiver, as well as any kind of unwanted promotion of materials.
- viruses or any kind of electronic code, files or programmes designed to interfere, destroy or limit the function of any software of electronic equipment or telecommunication network or equipment.
- interference with the services or disruption of the services or servers or networks that are connected to the electronic service “Apella” or non compliance with the rules, conditions, procedures and terms of the aforementioned networks.
- intentional or unintentional violation of any local, national, European, international legislation or/and any legislative rule that concerns or/and covers the electronic service “Apella”.
- any kind of invasion of privacy and violation of individual and social rights of the users/members and of any individual.
9. Nonetheless, GRNET S.A. maintains the right to modify the present terms and conditions posting a relevant announcement on the present website, to inform registered users/members of the service. Consecutively, the active participation in the “Apella” indicates the acceptance of the modified terms. In case of disagreement with the new terms, each user/participant may require in writing, from the Helpdesk of the service, deactivation of his account in the present application.
10. The Ministry of Education and GRNET S.A. bear no responsibility at all with respect to the data and information responsibly provided either by the Institution’s Administrator during upload of the data for an election/promotion position, or by the candidate/active faculty member during the creation of his/her personal account in the information system or/and his/her electronic submission of candidacy.